10 Things My Business Has Taught Me
10 THINGS BUSINESS HAS TAUGHT ME.
I often talk about how your business is actually a tool or space for personal and spiritual growth. Here’s 10 things my business has taught me so far.
1. I spent so much time chasing false goals and thinking my life should look a certain way. Don’t do that. The goals were what society made me feel I should have, not what I felt in my heart I wanted. The day I switched the goals to my own was the day things shifted and I started to enjoy being in business and being alive.
2. I had to learn to please myself! You cannot please all of the people all of the time. Please yourself first, so you are happy. No one cares as much as you think. If you don’t, you’ll be exhausted and resent your business.
3. The world isn’t against you. That battle you are in is your own. We manifest everything, even the challenges and when I realised that and took responsibility, well that, that was the game changer! Take responsibility for what you think, how you feel and how you speak to others and yourself and life will feel easier because you took back your power! Changing your mindset and your language is powerful.
4. Nobody has got their 💩 together everyday of their life! No one is perfect. The world would be boring. Just be you! It’s part of being authentic and what attracts clients who value you. It also takes less effort and is far more fun!
5. We live in a society where people seem to be less interested in what you do right, and more interested in what you do wrong. Don’t be that person. Praise those who are trying their hardest. Help people feel better and you will too!
6. Have a plan! A vision for your business and your life. If you don’t you will simply get lost along the way. When we have lost ourselves and we wake up one day with that realisation, life feels very empty. Create your own rich life, fill it with you and the things you love as well as people you love. Then you will always feel at home. One day you will regret the years you spent wandering aimlessly through life if you don’t.
7. Look after your own body and mind. Schedule in time out. Being a highly functioning, addicted to stress business owner is not a superpower! Loving your business with peace in your heart is what makes life magical.
8. Who will remember you and why? The longest impact we have in this world, the most powerful legacy we leave behind, is how we made people feel and the good memories they have of us. How you helped people change their lives. Your love and your knowledge will live on far longer than any material possessions you leave behind.
9. We are not here for a long time so choose the work, the business model that feels more like fun than work. Life should not feel like a chore, it should feel like an adventure.
10. Always, always, celebrate the wins. No matter how small they seem, they all have the same value. Without small wins there can be no big ones!
What has your business taught you lately?